Saturday, October 11, 2008

turkey blog

last wednesday my second and third pieces were performed and received well.
the comments and suggestions were the following:
from the pianists (Ian & Dylan) I was suggested to transpose a section down an octave and mark it 8va(easier to read), a few notes could be enharmonically re-spelled to all flats/sharps.
other comments were to - use the layer option on finale to use whole notes rather than 4 quarter notes tied with an ascending line within( I agree that it will make it easier to read), - in the triplet pattern of the third piece to think about breaking up some of the pattern(I will experiment with this as I think it might be tasteful), - to re-notate the bass slap(gallop)with X shaped noteheads, - mark in cluster chords/indicate approx. pitches.
I'm looking forward to the final drft,
but for now it will have to wait untill after turkey day,
cheers

No comments: